Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
"I was lying on my bed, after took a shower. Suddenly, someone knocked on my door, I opened it. I thought it was my brother, but it wasn't. He was wearing red pajamas and white t-shirt exactly same as what I wore that night. He entered my room quickly, sited and looked at me while talking strange things. He looked like me, I can't move, I'm overwhelmed and then he vanished like a smoke."


Who are they? Where did they come from? How could someone be seen at two different locations at very same time? Are they ghost, illusion, or just a myth? Until now, this phenomenon remained a 'case unsolved'.


The idea and belief of people about doppelganger is divided. Some definition says that it is the time when you see yourself in peripheral vision, in a location where there is no chance of reflection or duplication. It could also be a sinister of bilocation where someone is seen in two separate places at the very same time. Many believed that it is the counterpart of someone's soul that served as an omen of death. But it could also be the ability of someone to travel and exist in different places at the same time.


Doppelganger Stories


Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln
"It was just after my election in 1860, when the news had been coming in thick and fast all day and there had been a great "hurrah, boys," so that I was well tired out, and went home to rest, throwing myself down on a lounge in my chamber. Opposite where I lay was a bureau with a swinging glass upon it (and here he got up and placed furniture to illustrate the position), and looking in that glass I saw myself reflected nearly at full length; but my face, I noticed had two separate and distinct images, the tip of the nose of one being about three inches from the tip of the other. I was a little bothered, perhaps startled, and got up and looked in the glass, but the illusion vanished. On lying down again, I saw it a second time, plainer, if possible, than before; and then I noticed that one of the faces was a little paler — say five shades — than the other. I got up, and the thing melted away, and I went off, and in the excitement of the hour forgot all about it — nearly, but not quite, for the thing would once in a while come up, and give me a little pang as if something uncomfortable had happened. When I went home again that night I told my wife about it, and a few days afterward I made the experiment again, when (with a laugh), sure enough! the thing came back again; but I never succeeded in bringing the ghost back after that, though I once tried very industriously to show it to my wife, who was somewhat worried about it. She thought it was a "sign" that I was to be elected to a second term of office, and that the paleness of one of the faces was an omen that I should not see life through the last term."


Emilie Sagee

She was a 32-year-old French teacher at Pensionat von Neuwelcke. The story was told by her 13 students who witnessed the phenomena. This happened in the middle of the class one day, when she is writing on the blackboard. Later her exact double appeared beside her while copying all her movements. The only difference was it did not hold any chalk. This incident happened again one evening during the dinner where her doppelganger was seen standing behind her, mimicking all of her movements, although it held no utensils.


Queen Elizabeth I

She was shocked to see her doppelganger laid out on her bed and seen herself lying on her deathbed. Her doppelganger was described as being "pallid, shivered and wan." The queen died shortly thereafter.

Until now, doppelganger is considered an illusion, mythical creature or just a hoax. One good advice for the readers: "Comment your experience here whenever you see your doppelganger after reading this article and I will add your story. Who knows, you might be capable of seeing your ghostly clone."

No comments:

Post a Comment